Saturday, May 26, 2012

Etchings on the soul

Bill Scheidt at the art show in Kerrville
There are few things that touch the heart like nature and an artist's rendering of the master's creation. Sometimes I look at someone's art and it goes straight to my heart. It can stir emotion and grab something deep inside. Sometimes art makes me cry, especially when it is something supernatural that transfers from someone's spirit onto a surface.
At times, one or two of my own paintings have stirred a tear out of me. I was blessed with a natural talent, and as I have developed my painting skills, I see more and more what is inside of me. Seeing that in a color rendition stirs my soul, and at times, I am overwhelmed with what comes out of my spirit onto paper or canvas.
I have been taking lessons from a western artist named Bill Scheidt. Our styles are totally different from each others, but he has a keen eye for color and translating that to canvas. That's why I went to him for lessons. He has also taught me color, value, depth, and light.Now, everything I see is through another person's teaching of his perspective. It's pretty cool.
I went to an art show in Kerrville today and got to talk with a few artists. Each one has their unique style, medium, and finished art. As I spoke with one of the artists, we discussed how there is no one right way to paint. We are each endowed with an ability to communicate through the talent we've been given, and as in anything else, each one has their unique way of expressing that talent.
Other people inspire me, teach me something new, give me a new perspective, and show me a different way.  I left refreshed and alive. I left enriched and encouraged. When I went back to Boerne, I spent some time doing a quick tree study on the deck of Texas Treasures Fine Art this afternoon. I have a painting I've been working on and laid down a couple of weeks ago, frustrated. I know now what I need to do to finish. Here is a picture of my art mentor (above) and of my tree study. More later. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment