Saturday, June 30, 2012

Goodbye, Facebook

If you want to follow my thoughts and art, you need to register here for email updates (I promise I won't blow up your email box - I post a couple of times a week) or RSS feeds (on the very bottom of this page), or you can simply "Follow" me (in the right column). I have turned off Facebook wall posts and notifications, so you can't post there any more. I suppose you can still send messages through FB for a while, at least until I transfer all my pictures and deactivate my account.
For those who haven't asked yet, Facebook has gotten progressively more invasive - it still amazes me how much information people are willing to volunteer to a bazillion-dollar organization who uses that data to market it for a profit. FACEBOOK IS NOT FREE! In addition to that, it has become a major time-waster for me. I know other people who survive without a Facebook account, so I know I can too.
I have been thinking about this for months, just waiting for the right time to pull the trigger. It's time. I have more room to express my thoughts here, and it allows for comments. If you want my email, it is available under my profile over on the right. Click on "Pauly" under "About me" and there is a link to send me an email. I will be glad to communicate with you that way - or just call me. I like that too.


No comments:

Post a Comment