Tuesday, December 4, 2012

More Red Oaks

Here is another painting of the little Red Oak grove on the back road home. This is what a stressful day creates. Yesterday was probably the worst day I have had in a long time. I was totally unmotivated and burnt out at work, and I pretty much did nothing except have a pity party all day. It was bad, and I just waited out my time there, waiting to get home. I don't like that Linda works so much, and there is about a 3 hour period between when I get home and when she does. I took advantage of that time to attack a canvas I had prepared. An hour painting always just melts away the stress, and passes quickly. Before I knew it, those 3 hours went by, and I realized 100% of my issues were between my ears. I had nothing to feel bad about, and I decided in that time to change my attitude.
Painting connects me to the beauty within me, and helps me see things in a different light, instead of worrying or feeling sorry for myself. Somehow all that  is wrong is forgotten, and all that is right comes out. Everything I need for peace and a harmonious life is within me, and comes out with the colors of my palette, placed carefully on a surface that becomes my interpretation of what I see.
The music in the background takes effect to relax me, and put me in a different state of mind and space. There is no need for anything else but the quiet and somehow it transcends my circumstances and my pain. In an instant, all is well and right.
So here is the prepared canvas:
Here is the first layer:


 
And finally, the end product - most of which I did "pleine aire" on site.
Red Oaks Grove, Boerne, Oil on canvas, 9" x 12"




I have one more to do in this series - a 14" x 18" with more detail. I am really liking the progression and the colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment