Sunday, December 2, 2012

Hill Country Red Oaks

My weekend was pretty full - in a good way. I had a lot of opportunity to connect with friends and family, eat some good food, watch the Christmas Parade in Boerne, and even complete a couple of oils. I still have a canvas that I took time to prepare earlier, but I didn't work on because I wanted to do a couple of smaller ones first.
Out of all of them, I think I still like the simplicity of the watercolor the best. And, the two I did are done with a knife, so the texture and the look is going to be different. I think the bigger one will involve some brush work as well, if not mostly.
Anyway, here are the paintings. This is the first one.
Hill Country Red Oaks, Late Fall, 6" x 8", Oil on canvas
 The second one is on a small board using the leftover paint on the palette.

Hill Country Red Oaks 2, Oil on panel, 2.5" x 3"



And finally, here are the 3 together, along with the watercolor sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment