Sunday, April 7, 2013

Completed paintings

I had fun this week thinking about and then completing the paintings I started at Big Bend. I learned a few things too. While I usually paint wet-on-wet, I found out that if I let the paint dry for a week, I then have a new surface to work on, and I can bring out the lights, apply some atmosphere, and make some nice details happen.

It's been a great weekend to work in my studio, and think about color, depth, values... and then apply the new paint to the surface. I got all fired up, and not only finished the paintings, but also framed and hung them. I love seeing something through to completion.

Here are the finished works

Christmas Mountains, Big Bend, TX, 8" x 10", oil on board

Big Bend hills with View of Santa Elena in the back, 4" x 6", oil on board

Maverick Mountain with Pulliam Bluff int he background, 11" x 14", oil on board

Maverick Mountain # 2, Pulliam Bluff in the background, 2.5" x 3", oil on canvas board

Pulliam Bluff in the morning, Big Bend, TX, 9" x 12", oil on board

No comments:

Post a Comment