Friday, August 2, 2013

What Color is Water?

I spent time this morning at my favorite summer morning refuge, along the creek at the Cibolo Nature Center. I packed all my gear, intending on working more on the oil painting I started last week, but when I got out there, I decided to do a watercolor study of the scene, focusing on the reflections in the water. 
The study is intended to give me some insight for when I compete my oil painting.  I am always challenged by water, not only getting the right colors, but also with the right reflections. I love the stillness of the water out here. And I was hoping to convey the quietness of the water.
So what color is water? It is the color of whatever it reflects. It's the color of quiet, and the color of peace.  I love going out there.
Watercolor study for Cypress along the Cibolo
The way to the creek

1 comment:

  1. Like that watercolor Pauly!

    Hope you are well!

    Blessings, Bob

    ReplyDelete