Saturday, July 7, 2012

Boerne Cypress by the Cibolo Creek (#10 & 11)

I wonder how many different types of trees there are - even just in Boerne...I was sitting on the river last week, enjoying the view of a nice cypress across the water. I did a pencil sketch of it, then a quick sketch of how I would lay it out with paint - then I painted it.

It has been so nice to have some time off, and to be able to just sit and paint, read, or whatever I feel like at the moment. I feel refreshed and relaxed, and it's given me time to connect with myself again without the pressure of everyday life.

Anyway, in the moment, I finished what I started last week. Here's the latest:

Pencil study - Cibolo Creek cypress, pencil on paper, 3 x 5"

Cypress on Cibolo Creek, Boerne, Oil on canvas, 11" x 14"

No comments:

Post a Comment