Sunday, July 1, 2012

I touched God's canvas

I spent today with my best friend, Bobby, out at Enchanted Rock today. We climbed to the top of the granite dome and took some time to take in the beautiful Texas hill country's 360 degree view from about a 1750' elevation. 

I was awestruck. As I was sitting there enjoying what I believe to be one of the most peaceful and scenic places in the world, I was struck by the thought of God creating all of this. "God's canvas," I told myself.
When I look at a piece of artwork, I always want to touch it if I can. I like to feel the paint, I like to feel and know the surface. It helps me understand the work. I felt the Spirit tell me to reach out and touch the canvas, feel the work, so I did. For a few minutes, in the quiet and majesty of creation, I held out my hand, and touched God's canvas. I felt the distant hills, experienced the trees, felt the wind, and got to experience the creator's hand-work in a way I have never experienced it before. I cried. I was moved by something perfect, and so much more than myself. I got to feel and touch God's canvas. I hope I can do it again soon.
Part of God's canvas

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this Pauly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - that was very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made me think of one of my favorite quotations:

    "Allow yourself to become what has so graciously been given to you."
    - A Trappist Monk

    ReplyDelete