Thursday, July 5, 2012

Post-break #s 8 & 9

OK.... I have 5 days haven't taken any time to sit and draw or paint. It's nice to have some time off. I thought I would take sometime to read, relax, and finally - draw and paint.

It's been a hard few weeks. I've been struggling with a bad back, a bad hip (injury from a fall), and a very stressed and sore tooth. On top of that, I got bitten by chiggers. Damn, I hate getting old. Nevertheless, today was a day I could just take a little time and paint. I am working on a cypress tree by a river painting. It's been a bit of a challenge, so I went back to some oaks.

I've always had a passion for art. I'm sorry I took so much time away from developing this talent, but I am happy I still have the desire, the talent, and the ability to develop myself. I'm thankful also for those around me that have inspired this passion, and encouraged me to go forward. I am thankful for my critics - those that care enough about me to help me see things I haven't seen before, and that help sharpen my skills.

Here are my trees today - I sill have a lot more to do before the end of next month.

Boerne Oaks #8 - Watercolor on paper, 4" x 5" - this is a birthday card for a friend

Boerne Oaks # 9 - pencil study on bristol, 3.5" x 4.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment