Sunday, October 14, 2012

More trees

It's getting closer to the 19th, and I will be participating in a "Paint Out" for the Hill Country Council for the Arts. There will be a number of artists throughout Boerne painting different scenes during the morning, from start to finish, and in the evening they will auction off the paintings. The artists agree to give 10% of their proceeds to the HCCA, and get to keep the rest.

It's a challenge, so I'll be practicing all week, although I think I already know what I will paint.

I spent some time around a lot of artists this weekend. I also got a chance do display some of my paintings at the 2nd Saturday Wine and Art at Texas Treasures Fine Art. I sold a small painting (the tiny one on top) to Aaron, one of the art consultants for the gallery. Thanks, Aaron.
This was my display
 I got to spend some one-on-one time with Bill Zaner at his studio today. Bill has been an artist all his life - all he has ever done professionally is paint since the age of 16. Watching him paint, listening to his understanding and point of view, and picking his brain has done more to help me grow as an artist than anything else I have ever done. I am so glad to know him and have him as a friend.

SO this afternoon, I took a few minute to create this little guy. I bought some frames at a garage sale that I reconditioned and painted, but I had to cut some board to fit. I'll be creating more of these this week, and will post them as I can.

I'm looking forward to painting under pressure on Friday. It will be a good experience. Here's what I completed today. It took me about 45 minutes, start to finish.

Oaks, 5" x 7". Oil on canvas board.

No comments:

Post a Comment