Monday, October 8, 2012

Random thoughts from the weekend

  • Weekends are too short - the hardest part is the 5 days that follow.
  • After a hard week, and a very stressful Friday, it's always good to get a 6-pack, and drink it with my buds on the deck of Texas Treasures Fine Art. Except when they close early because they are going to an art event in Fredericksburg.
  • Octoberfest beer tastes better when you have buddies to drink it with. Saturday was good.
  • When the stress builds up, take your dog to the park and paint.
  • The dog on a paint outing is a distraction when your dog wants to eat little kids.
  • Painting still reduces stress, especially outdoors.
  • Talking about real things with a couple of other artists is therapeutic.
  • For a long time, I was very opinionated, even when my opinions weren't thought out or made no sense. The rest of the world calls it "being a dick."
  • It's OK to be a dick. It's not OK when you're the only one who doesn't know it yet.
  • I like most people. Now.
  • When I mess up a painting, I can always start another one.
  • When ordering the fried chicken with a baked potato and brocolli at PoPo's, it's really not necessary to eat the brocolli. But it looks good on the plate, and assuages any guilt.
  • It's good with a glass of Cab.
  • Menudo, tamales, pan dulce, and family on Sunday are a really good mix.
  • Babies are really cool.
  • I hate the term, "Have a nice day." It sounds like a command or a brush-off. Even worse is, "Have a good one." Um, a good what?
  • I would prefer people think about what they say - maybe say, "I hope you have a great day" instead.
  • Monday comes too soon. Friday is so far away.
  • One day at a time. Really.



Painting St. Peter's Catholic Church across the street in Veterans Plaza, Boerne, TX


3 comments:

  1. "Octoberfest beer tastes better when you have buddies to drink it with."

    I so agree Pauly! I am enjoying Newcastle these days - a few places within walking distance have it on tap.

    Nice pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like most people now!! That must've been hard in the retail business when dealing with the obnoxious public.

    Babies are really cool, especially someone else's!

    Enjoy the art! Maybe one day you can say buh-bye to the 9-5 grind! I'm part-time on my way there now~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob: I love the Newcastle too - although I haven't had it on tap.
    Lynette: You're right....retail was hard for me, especialy when they attacked my employees and Linda. I'm glad you're enjoying the art. My 9-5 is what pays for my art supplies though!

    ReplyDelete