Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanks and Thanksgiving

One of the greatest things I am  thankful for is the ability and opportunity to see and be with my family. I picked up one of the grandsons on Tuesday, and Wednesday hiked with him out at the Cibolo Nature Center. I did a watercolor sketch, and then did an oil painting of that scene later on that night. A. J. wanted to paint, so I gave him a little canvas and a knife, and let him create his own.
Family. It's great.
So over Thanksgiving, we treated everyone to a buffet at the hotel we came to, and then end enjoyed letting the kids wear themselves out at the indoor water park. I spent some time in the hot tub, but didn't really relax because of the noise. Holy hell, a thousand kids inside, with millions of gallons of water gushing everywhere made the noise level pretty unbearable. Nevertheless, I am having a blast knowing the kids are having an experience they'll remember for a long time.
Family. It's great.
So here are a few things I've done the last few days.  Family and painting...my expression of thanks.And it's great.

Autumn Stream, Oil on Panel, 8" x 10"

Autumn Stream 2, Oil on Panel, 2.5" x 3"

Late Autumn Trees, Grapevine, TX, watercolor study on bristol, 4" x 7"

No comments:

Post a Comment