Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pintura Fresca

I love that I live in the Texas Hill Country, and even more so, that I am in Boerne, and one only has to drive a short distance to have a decent place to paint. My favorite place by far is the Cibolo Nature Center. It's always quiet and peaceful, and gives me a great place to go paint. Mornings are especially nice, because even in the summer, one can find a cool, shady place.

I went out to one of my favorite spots, where two branches of the Cibolo Creek converge. There is a steady stream of water over the rocks, and the banks are lined with some very old, very tall cypress trees. Few people make it out there, but occasionally, a wandering couple will come by and spend a moment watching or talking to me. I can spend a few hours out there, and create some pretty nice art.

I just completed this in the studio this morning - the paint is still fresh and wet. I'll have it framed as soon as it's ready.
"Twin Sentinels on the Cibolo" Oil on Canvas Panel, 8" x 10"

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Don't you just love trees?!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The perfect sbject - they don't move, they have lots of character, and they just stand and listen.

    ReplyDelete