Monday, June 4, 2012

I love to paint

All of the stress of the day melts away in an instant when I sit down in my studio, turn on some music, arrange my palette, and lay down the first strokes of a painting. I go into another place, I forget about everything - time, hunger, all the frustration of the day.
I look at my hands sometimes, and I start to cry. Painting is deeply spiritual. All of my heart goes into allowing my hands to create a piece of art. All of God's beauty is inside of me, and my hands follow what the Spirit allows me to interpret. I am overwhelmed sometimes what comes out. As I paint more, each painting comes alive. It is part of me on paper or canvas.I'm humbled. I'm overtaken by emotion.
I am thankful for the people I have around me that encourage and inspire me. I am thankful for those who have taken time to observe and give me good criticism and suggestions. I am thankful for those who care enough to tell me the truth and help me see something new.
Oak Study, Oil on canvas panel, 4" x 5"
And of course, I am thankful for you, dear reader, for taking time to know me through these words.

1 comment: